My iPod remains psychic and disturbing

Not listed: omniscience
The pick up is for a passenger with a relatively low rating. To be honest, I rarely pay much attention to customer ratings, because there usually isn't a ton of time or predictive measure to it... but if you make me wait, I'm checking. Hmm. Lower than usual. 

They get in and I immediately get why the rating is low; there's an out of state drop off address. An out of state address, unless it comes with a tip or surge price, is a loss for the driver. There's just dead time to get back to the home state, and if the passenger doesn't make up for it, there's a hard temptation to get 3-star them, especially if they are someone you might see again. The area that I'm going to also has bad lighting and roads; we are well on our way to a 3-star trip. My passenger also takes some time to get in the car, and we're off.

Conversation doesn't happen, but neither does playing their own audio without headphones, or a phone call, so I'm still on the fence about my star rating. Which is when my prophetic iPod chimes in with this little ditty.

I spend the next three minutes fighting back a giggle, the urge to check my rear view mirror to see if the song is having an impact, and the temptation to turn up the lyrics to give away the game. The passenger gets to their drop point, leaves without a word or sideways glance, and I wonder if they even heard the song. Probably not, and probably for the best...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Single moms have things to get done

 The ping comes from the Wal-Mart, a five minute ride on a weekend when I'm trying to rack up a bunch of short rides for a bonus, so not...