My Old Guy Question And Moment

The Only Wheel They Use
 A question to the cyclists of my local urban area... 

Are you shamed by people who see you riding on both wheels, rather than the one?

Or is there some other reason why you are seemingly always driving on just the back wheel?

I used to ride a bike a lot. Once I got past the emotional, physical and mental age of 12, my need to Pop A Wheelie kind of went away, especially when you realize that (a) falling is a lot more likely on one wheel than two, and falling sucks, and (b) you are paying for both wheels, so you might as well use them.

Oh, and one more thing... the roads you are doing this on are some of the worst in the state and the area. Lots and lots of potholes.

So is there something I'm missing here? A secret desire to have a unicycle, because everyone is down to clown?

1 comment:

  1. This is generally either a control thing, or just "because fuck you, that's why," if not some combination of both.

    ReplyDelete

Single moms have things to get done

 The ping comes from the Wal-Mart, a five minute ride on a weekend when I'm trying to rack up a bunch of short rides for a bonus, so not...