Night Bite

Part of what happens in rideshare is that you just occasionally see random nonsense on the streets. I seem to have a bit of  a gift for that.

In the past month, I've picked up a lot of consulting work, which means (a lot) less rideshare. So instead of having hundreds of rides to safeguard my rating, I've only got a few dozen... which means that if I decline or cancel, I lose visibility in the next ride.

Fast forward to a ride I wouldn't normally take on a weeknight, a full hour out of state without a surge price to Philadelphia. Not loving life, I turn on my map and head for home, going past the local prison on my route.

Which is when I see... some guy with a relatively decent pick up truck, parked on an overpass over the river, with three fishing poles and lines going down to whatever is trickling through a fairly industrial part of town.

At midnight, on a Wednesday. Near a prison.

Because your rideshare shift can, and will, become a South Korean horror short at a moment's notice, really...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Single moms have things to get done

 The ping comes from the Wal-Mart, a five minute ride on a weekend when I'm trying to rack up a bunch of short rides for a bonus, so not...